Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's (finally) beginning to look alot like Christmas!

For those of you who don't know, I will be spending the next 5 weeks in Columbus, Ohio while on rotation at Grant Medical Center. A classmate and I are staying in a furnished 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment provided by the hospital, which is quite nice, actually. It's managed by a corporate housing company, so it's not exactly homey...it feels like a nice extended stay hotel. The only problem is...there were no signs of Christmas cheer here when I arrived yesterday.
So, today I went out and bought a nice big red Poinsettia, a small wooden sleigh (think counter-top nick-nack), and a candle that smells like Christmas cookies. I also bought an apple-cinnamon air freshner for my bathroom. Granted, many of you are decorating elaborate trees and hanging lights, garland, and wreaths, but this little corner of Ohio where I temporarily reside now has just enough holiday cheer to get me into the mood to Christmas shop. Now, what did I do with that list?.....

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hip hip hooray for Christmas cheer!

Better find that list... already forgot everything! I know, I'm most helpful. ;)

Juggler said...

That's awesome. Isn't it funny how just a little Christmas decorations make a BIG difference?! I'm still stunned that we actually put a tree this year! First time in 5 :)