Sunday, July 6, 2008

WAY past due

Rich and I have been discussing hiring a cleaning service for monthly up-keep on the house for almost a year now. He and I are just way too busy, and when we're not we sure don't want to vacuum and dust! This leads me to not clean much at all, hoping to have a service very soon. Well, one of his co-workers in Chicago had an unfortunate mishap with her cleaning service (she was robbed) and Rich is hesitant about having a stranger in our home. In addition, my husband is allergic to the world, it seems. His allergies have been particularly awful this weekend.
Today he left for a client meeting in Bethlehem, PA (as in "O' little town of"), and being the dutiful wife I am, I decided to vacuum the top and main floors of our townhome while he was gone in order to spare his allergies. (I did the basement last week.) By the way, there were visible lint balls and dog hair clusters on the front of the couch. AaaCHOO!!
Here's the gross part; brace yourself. Only proceed if you're truly braced: I filled up the entire canister on our Dyson vacuum JUST DOING THE STAIRS, 1 FLIGHT OF STAIRS!!! That's when you know the cleaning is way past due. Please pray that we will be able to hire a service, even if I have to be home when they come. I know that sounds a bit strange, but we obviously need the help.

No comments: