Monday, July 28, 2008

42.8

42.8. That's how many miles I rode on my bicycle on Saturday! Until then my max distance had been just under 32miles. As could be expected, at about mile 35 my seat started hurting quite a bit. I chose to stand and pedal every few minutes, or so, which helped. But, WOW! I never realized how sore you could get from riding a bike!! My neck, shoulders, and hands were all quite sore as well. And yet, I know that the pain I was experiencing is only a minor discomfort compared to what mom has had to go through with chemo. I couldn't help but think of her during those times when I was so hot, sore, and worn down. There was no way I was stopping. I even found the will deep down to hammer at the end and try to catch my coach. I didn't catch her, but I proved to myself that I had more in me than I originally believed. That's likely been the case all along, I've just never pushed myself to find out!!!

2 comments:

angie said...

Hey Amanda!
Found you through JJ's blog. You look great and I'm impressed with your cycling determination! Praying for your mom

-Your preschool friend and Ridge roommate

Kristi said...

I would have been really impressed if you rode 42.9. Get after it, lazybones! :D