Saturday, August 9, 2008

51.2

So I'm not very creative with my titles and my posts are mostly about riding, oh well. It's as much a diary for me as a report for you. I rode 51.2 miles today (3:52 cycle time; 4:45 total ride time), and here's the crazy thing...it wasn't as bad as I expected!! It seems that with each successively longer ride I get tired about 8-10 miles before the end which means I'm now getting tired at the 43ish mile distance I did last week during which I got tired about the 35ish mile mark. I don't exactly understand it, and I wonder if I'd just not get tired if I rode 51 miles again. Who knows. Yeah me for 51+ miles!!!
Please cheer me on from time to time, even if I can't hear you. It's these little cheers I like to conjure up in my head when I'm dying 7 miles before the finish. "You can do it. Be strong. This is nothing compared to chemo. Just imagine how much easier it gets each time. It's not really THAT hot." Things like that. Thanks.

No comments: