Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Metric

Yesterday I rode the Clarksville Labor Day Classic and completed the metric distance...62 miles. Cycle time 4:05, total ride time 4:41. That's an average of 15 mph for over 4 hours. I feel I have accomplished the largest athletic feat of my life, and I have many more weeks of longer rides to go. Weariness overcame me yesterday, and I slept most all day. Soreness has plagued by body today, but I am confident that I will recover. Rich and I are scheduled to hit the gym this evening; we have scheduled our lifting around my riding schedule. This week is our first go at it. I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks again to all who have given to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on my behalf. My mother is feeling quite well. She is back at school and teaching, which is her great passion. She has had an ECHO of her heart, which revealed no current injury to her heart, which her chemo can cause. She has had other tests done, but we are awaiting results.
Please continue praying, the Lord is definitely listening!!

No comments: