Friday, September 5, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!

Today is my mom's *#th birthday!! (No. I'm not going to disclose her age. Do you think I'm crazy??) It's so exciting to be able to celebrate this special day with her. We cannot be more thankful that my mom is doing so well after her chemotherapy and that we have her with us to celebrate her birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
(mom and Gracie, her eldest granddaughter)
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
It was no coincidence that today, mom's birthday, was my personal fundraising deadline for the Team In Training century ride. Therefore, with the celebration of her birthday in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those, anonymous and named, who have donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to honor her and to support me on the century ride. I am 3/4 of the way to reaching my fundraising total. Your generosity has touched both me and my family. We continue to pray that the research done by LLS and others will find a cure for blood cancers, including hers, and that we will have many great birthday celebrations for years to come. Saturday, November 22nd will be one of the great experiences of my life as I ride across the finish line and see my mom and family. It is because of each of you that I will have this great opportunity. Words cannot express how honored I truly am - thank you. May God bless each of you and yours.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yeah, HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, Mama Ama!!! We do love you! And that is one ridiculously cute kid you have with you... Seriously cute.