Thursday, September 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to ME!!

Yesterday I turned *#. (Yeah, I'm not telling you.) It was another day. I got out of the OR a bit early, as a birthday gift from my preceptor, and took Riley to the dog park. The day was gorgeous...80 degrees and slightly breezy. We met our friends Gwen (who encouraged me to go to anesthesia school); Luke, her 6.5 week old son; and their dog, Molly, at the park and had a wonderful time of conversation and friendship. On the way home I rubbed my eyes, and set off a really bad allergy attack. That basically ruined the rest of the day for me (sniffle, sneeze, moan).
However, I got many birthday wishes via email, facebook (who would've guessed), voicemail, and texts. Thank God for technology!!! I even heard from my high school youth pastor. His daughter was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma last year and is now in remission, and he is a cyclist as well. It was great to catch up with him.
Today I got some belated wishes via voicemail songs from my friend, Sarah, an opera soprano; and from my sweet nieces. So, despite the early blooming of ragweed that tried to ruin my birthday, I have been blessed with many wishes and love from family and friends.
Who could ask for a better birthday?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sorry they were belated, but you know... these (cough) kids today....

Love you!

ps: You don't want everyone to know you're 39? Why not?!