Sunday, September 21, 2008

69.7...we'll call it 70, ok?

Yep, that's right, I finally reached the 70 mile mark. And in typical fashion, I started hurting around mile 57...10 miles (or so) before the finish. BUT, I did finish!! (5:39 total ride time; 5:11 cycle time). We rode a portion of the Natchez Trace Parkway, and what a hilly experience! I take comfort in knowing how flat Tucson will be in comparison to these rolling hills of Middle Tennessee.
Thankfully, my husband cleaned the tub for me and I was able to soak in Epsom salts when I got home. I truly believe that's why I'm able to function so well today.

My recommitment date for the El Tour de Tucson event is 9/26/08, and I will absolutely be recommitting. Thanks to each of you for your prayers and donations. I would not have made it this far without each of you.

No comments: