Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hills...I hate hills

So last night I went riding with my neighbors, Stephanie and John (I think), who have been riding together for over a year. Needless to say they rode away from me on many a hill. In fact, they had to wait for me as I walked up more than one of them. I have decided that when my heart rate gets to 198, it's time to stop and walk before I have a heart attack right there on the side of the road.
It was recommended that I do 20-25 hill repeats in our subdivision on nights I don't have time for a full ride. He said to sprint as hard as I can (on the bike) up the hills and ride easily down; do over and over and over. It's great that I can do these so close to home in case I do have a coronary. I love getting advice from others...especially when I'm totally clueless about the issue. It should help me train and build my strength and endurance on hills.
They were so gracious and patient with me; I am greatly appreciative for it. Stephanie has even invited me to go again, only this time we'll do a bit of a flatter course.
I'll let you know how I do on my hill sprints. Ugh!!

No comments: